We Don’t Have Time To Strengthen Our Brand
August 8, 2011 Leave a comment
That’s one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever written… but consider… how many times have you been a client and the supplier is transactional – not relationship focused? I bet OFTEN!
It’s amazing what the investment of a few thoughtful seconds can do.
Here are two email messages to a client…
I’ve attached the outline for your employee training course which includes the customization for your approval.
I’ve attached the outline for your Business Email Writing course to help your sales and service teams strengthen their client relationships.
The customization you’ve requested has made this widely acclaimed employee training course even more relevant for your teams.
Please approve or call me at 416 617 0462 to discuss. I’m looking forward to working with you further.
The first email example is transactional. The second email example is very relationship focused. It reminds the client they are buying a trustworthy experience and makes them feel good about their decision and their involvement. It supports teamwork and you’re also using every opportunity to differentiate yourself as a thoughtful partner. WOW!!
This is equally powerful for internal communication between project teams / departments.
Let’s list the added value in the second email message: It:
- Is highly personalized and addresses the receiver, their target audience, key objectives and their customized solution
- Reinforces your reputation and that others have found value
- Assures the reader they are getting access to a quality solution
- Creates a reminder and mental image of the name of the training (both in what they ‘hear’ and the words they ‘see’)
- Demonstrates your core values of flexibility, customer service and teamwork
- Reinforces your reputation and that others have found value (yes – also a strategic difference)
NB: The email address and signature line should also be visually branded.
- Mentions how you’ve customized the training to their specific needs
- Reminds the client of the target audience
- Recaps the agreed upon project objectives (reduces scope creep)
The reality is it takes only seconds longer to customize email messages (or even phone conversations), that properly reflect your company’s brand and build trusting relationships (with clients or internal departments).
Consider how much you might spend on advertising to build awareness and value with complete strangers. Then consider how highly targeted professional development can help your team positively influence current clients now.
Don’t settle. Improve how the people in your organization communicate. A small professional development investment helps everyone build relationships, teamwork and ensure clients see value. How are you leveraging your team? They are your most effective customer communication tool.
Click here to join our priority list of people who receive our latest Business Communication blog posts.
If you enjoyed this post we think you’ll like:
- Email Etiquette: Should You Reply To My Email?
- Improve Your Time Management Skills
- Generational Differences Training
- Effective Business Email Writing Training
- Mindfulness At Work
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Habit 1
Bruce Mayhew Consulting facilitates courses including Email Etiquette, Managing Difficult Conversations, Multigenerational Training, Time Management and Mindfulness.
Find answers to your Professional Development questions / needs at brucemayhewconsulting.com.
Give us a call at 416 617 0462. We’ll listen.
Click on the image to watch us on Canada AM.
I’d enjoy reading your comments on this post.
Don’t forget to Subscribe to this blog.